Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Couple jQuery Do-Dad's I've found :)

Hello web folks!

As I've been building my faux site I have so far implemented two jQuery based javascript diddies into my page. I will post my faux site when I've implemented the stuff to a little more refined spot, but for now I will give you the links to what I used to put them into my site. Who knows, maybe one will come in handy for your site builds :).

The first one was a vertical news ticker. ESPN.com uses a jQuery plug-in called vTicker to show the headlines running just to the right of the branding at the top of the page. I fiddled with vTicker for several hours but couldn't get it to work, so I found an alternative root. This link goes step by step on implementation and gives you all the code you need to make it happen!

The second add-on I have is a tabs function in-page. I found the tutorial for that here. It's a nifty little piece of Javascript, as it allows you to have a large amount of content on one page, but be able to present it in digestable chunks. Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment